Fragmento de Lingshan


"(...) But why have I come to this mountain? Is it to experience life in a scientific research camp such as this? What does this sort of experience mean to me? If it's just to get away from the problems I was experiencing, there are easier ways. Then maybe it's to find another sort of life. To leave far behind the unbearably perplexing world of human beings. If I'm trying to be a recluse why do I need to interact with other people? Not knowing what one is looking for is pure agony. Too much analytical thinking, too much logic, too many meanings! Life has no logic, so why does there have to be logic to explain what it means? Also, what is logic? I think I need to break away from analytical thinking, this is the caus of all my anxieties (...)".

Fragmento de Lingshan (Soul Mountain),
Gao Xingjian.


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

El baño coreano

Letter to Hannah

In Praise of Melancholy